The aim of the course is to present the finite element method (FEM), its application possibilities and limitations in the case of rod structures, plate structures, slabs, shells, etc. In addition, to draw students’ attention to automated structural design methods (CAD systems), the product of which is the structural plan itself. With all this knowledge, it is possible to manage any type of structural design software (even independently) and develop realistic computer models of real structures. The curriculum covered by the course mainly deals with everyday structural design problems, touching on some specific structural design issues.
- Introduction. Nonlinear structural problems.
- Relationship between strength and form: large deformations
- Earthquake design – Response spectrum analysis
- Earthquake design of multi-storey structures
- Loss of stability of structures